BJB has been associated with connectors, lighting components, accessories and products for over 150 years. Initially, BJB commenced their set-up and operations in Germany by manufacturing components for oil lamps, but from the beginning of the 20th century they switched over to manufacturing electrical connectors and accessories for various domestic and industrial lamps and light sources.
BJB Germany has continuously developed new, user-friendly connectors, lamp holder systems, terminal blocks and switches and has been selling them throughout the world. Presently, BJB’s lighting connectors are available and used in wide range of domestic appliances worldwide. Almost all the major producers in the world of domestic appliances of ovens, microwaves, refrigerators, freezers, washing machines, driers, dishwashers and extractor hoods use connectors and switches of BJB.
Components for the Lighting Industry
- SMD Terminal Blocks
- Connectors for COBs
- LED Board Quick-Connect-System:
- Receptacle for Outdoor Luminaires
- Linear Flat System – Flat and interchangeable LED System
- Push2Fix (P2F) – Fixing Elements
- Terminal Blocks and Connectors
- Lampholders for LED Modules
- Light for Vertical Farming
- Set’n’Drive – Parameterising resistor for ECGs
- PCB Connectors
Components for Domestic Appliances Industry
- Hot [Ovens, Microwaves, etc.]
- Wet [Washing Machines, Driers, Dishwashers, Water Purifiers, etc.]
- Cold [Freezers, Refrigerators, Cold Storages, etc.]
SMD Terminal Blocks from BJB: Our SMD PCB terminal blocks provide the electrical connection to LED boards. They are easy to handle and establish a permanent, secure connection. The various versions in these product series cover a wide range of applications. Suitable for various conductor cross-sections and regardless of whether the power supply is to come from above or below the PCB. PCB connectors from BJB, always a good solution.
SMD Terminal Blocks for rear side wiring, 46.131/46.132: Mini-Flex with wire release function and accessories, 46.141/46.142: Nano with wire release function and accessories, 46.101/46.102: Mini.
- Push wire contacts for direct connection of wires
- Protection against contact by insulation housing
- 1 and 2 pole version of each series can be combined in a row
- Low overall height reduces shadowing
- Wire insertion channels for manual and automatic wiring
- Suitable for different wires and wire ends
- With wire release function
- Tape-and-Reel packaging best to use for SMT process
- Also available for higher electrical ratings
Connectors, Optics and Reflectors for COBs: For more than 10 years now, COB connectors and holders from BJB have catered for a wide range of possibilities. In a spot or downlight application, the connector is the central component. It performs essential functions for the COB, providing the heat sink attachment, power feed and reflector interface. The range currently consists of several product series which are compatible with over 80 % of all COBs available on the world market. The corresponding optics, reflectors and cover plates complete the range.
47.360 – Slim Spotlight Connectors and Accessories, 47.319 – Spotlight Connectors and Accessories, 47.371 – Multiple and Special FR4 Connectors, 47.315, 47.316 and 47.318 – Connectors, 47.313 – Connectors for STARboards and Accessories.
- Permanent contact pressure
- Quick installation
- Various wire routing possibilities (47.360)
- Suitable for 80% of all COBs
- Pre-assembly fixing of COB
- Very flat (47.360 / 47.371)
- Integrated optic and reflector interface
- Suitable for fixing with P2F 28.902 (47.319 / 47.360)
- The most comprehensive range worldwide
LED board Quick-Connect System according to Zhaga Book 21: The smartest solution for easy electrical connection of linear LED boards. The board connector is clipped into the luminaire housing. The key feature is the LED boards, which can be installed or exchanged as easily as conventional lamps. BJB supplies the appropriate PCB connector for the purpose. A metal spring securely snaps to hold the LED board in place. To remove the LED board, simply release the springs for fast and simple board replacement. A clever and unique solution and a significant advantage for board installation and replacement. The wiring is hidden from sight in the luminaire housing. Suitable for the new LED board generation and in conformity with draft Zhaga Book 21 e.g. Fortimo Instant Fit from Philips.
- Ideal for reliable fixing and connection of LED boards
- Quick installation and replacement of circuit boards without tools
- Wiring inside the luminaire housing means no disruptive components in the light emission area
- Suitable for seamless applications due to continuous pitch
- Upgradeable due to easy replacement when new LED boards become available
- Reduction in number of versions and capital tie-up due to “late stage finishing”
- Suitable for automatic wiring via push-in wiring
- Wires can be released by twisting and pulling
- Ideal for use in circular economy initiatives
BJB Connection Interface for Outdoor LED
Luminaires: Elektromechanical Interface for Outdoor Luminaires corresponding to Zhaga Book 18. This interface has been developed especially for LED light sources and drivers in outdoor light fixtures. The basis for this development is an IP-compliant receptacle with a sealing cap. The unit provides a complete electrical interface between the receptacle and the respective sensor modules. When used in conjunction with sensor-compatible certified drivers (e.g. Philips), the receptacle assembly is suitable for a plug-in sensor module with a twistlock system. For communication and data transmission, the module is provided with DC power and a DALI 2 or a 2-wire bus. The fourth connection is reserved as a digital IO port. The compact design with an improved seal facilitates the installation of the sensor module on roadway, street and surface area lights upwards, sideways or downwards.
LFS – The modular system with maximum handling convenience: For lighting solutions in supermarkets, warehouses or industrial buildings, for example, the requirement is often not only for a defined light intensity, but also a specific light distribution. In order to meet these demands, we have developed special optics for the Linear Flat System which currently feature six frequently required characteristics. In supermarkets, for example, the shelves can be highlighted and accentuated by using modules with asymmetric light distribution, whereas for general lighting, depending on the luminaire mounting height, the broad- or narrow-beam versions may be suitable.
LFS LED Modules, Inline Adapter (ECG) for Linear Flat System, LFS Lampholders.
- Flat design
- Various power ratings, light control systems and light colours available
- High-bay versions also available
- Easy replacement of light source / quick installation
- Can be operated directly on 3-phase power tracks from EUTRAC by means of an inline adapter
Our Push-to-Fix (P2F) fixing elements are quick and efficient: Push-to-Fix (P2F) fixing elements are used for fixing PCBs, optics and COBs into luminaire housings and profiles or onto heat sinks. They are often used as an alternative to conventional screw fixing. All P2Fs have one thing in common: They greatly simplify the assembly process.
Optic-P2F, SMD-P2F (Push-to-Fix) – Solderable fixing element for PCBs, P2F (Push-to-Fix) – Fixing elements for PCBs, P2F (Push-to-Fix) – Fixing elements for screw- and profile grooves, P2F (Push-to-Fix) – For fixation of COB Connectors on heat sinks.
- Permanent contact pressure
- Quick installation
- Silicone cushions compensate for thermally induced tolerances (28.901)
- Installation of connectors and COBs on heat sinks (28.902)
- Can be used in the SMT process (28.904)
- Installation of PCBs on extruded profiles
BJB plastics optics: Our optics always provide coordinated light distribution and light control in response to customer-specific wishes and expectations. In the past, BJB has devoted a great deal of attention to the topic of optics in particular. In addition to the classical components, therefore, we have also developed a comprehensive range of optical systems. Various standard products are available ex works. The assembly is carried out simply via snap-in elements, screws or our P2F fixing elements.
1R Optics, 3×11 Optics, 2×6 Optics, 14 mm LED-System, 20 / 24 mm LED-System
- Optics made of PMMA or PC
- Various light control systems
- Diffusors also available
- Easy methods of attachment
- Areas of use range from indoor to outdoor depending on the application
Terminal Blocks and Connectors from BJB: The main purpose of our terminal blocks is to connect luminaires. They have 2 connection sides – one for wiring to the luminaire and one for the external wiring. The latest terminal block generation, Flat-Connect, stands out due to its very low overall height. In this product range you will find a wide selection of:
- Terminal Blocks (1- 5-pole)
- Rast5 Terminal Blocks
- Connection Elements
- Plug Connectors
- Fused Terminal Blocks
Flat Connect 3 pole, Flat Connect 5 pole, Flat Terminal Block 5 pole, Pushwire terminals 1 pole, Pushwire terminals 2 pole, Pushwire terminals 3 pole, Pushwire terminals 4 pole, Pushwire terminals 5 pole, Pushwire terminals 5 pole (Rast 5), Accessories for pushwire terminals 5 pole (Rast 5), Accessories, Test adaptor for terminal blocks 3 and 5 pole, Screw / push-wire terminals 3 pole, Screw / push-wire terminals 4 pole, Connectors, Fused terminal blocks
- Simple, secure installation
- High-performance plastics
- Tried-and-tested push-wire contact technology
- Wire release function
- Various types of earth connection
- Various markings available
- Industry-leading contact design
- Test ports for easy functional test when installed
BJB lampholders and interface solutions for LED modules: BJB lampholder systems for LED modules are the ideal interface for providing mechanical and electrical contact. Altogether, BJB offers solutions for contacting 3 different systems.
GZ16 Lampholders for tubular LED Light Engines, GH76p Lampholder for E-Core LED Light Engines from Toshiba, Lampholder for GX53-1 LED Light Engines
- Easy replacement of the light source
- Certified standard
BJB lampholders for conventional luminaires: BJB products are “the connection to light”. In the past few decades many lamp-base systems from major manufacturers have been developed in cooperation with BJB. In this product range you will find numerous solutions for connecting many different kinds of lamps.
Linear Fluorescent Lampholders: General Applications, Linear Fluorescent Lampholders: Water and Dustproof, Compact Fluorescent Lampholders, HID Lampholders, Line Voltage Halogen Lampholders, Low Voltage Halogen Lampholders, Incandescent Lampholders
- Huge selection of lampholders of all kinds
- Safe, reliable, standardised solutions
- Also suitable for many LED retrofit lamps
- Push-wire contacts for easy conductor connection
- Various fixing methods
- High thermal stability depending on requirements
- Easy to install
Lighting Systems for Vertical Farming: System Advantages LED Modules and Driver:
- Perfect light for every type of plant The LED boards in our modules can be individually adjusted to your plants according to the required wavelength or customer specification, thus laying the basis for optimum plant growth.
- Simple to use The BJB LED modules are attached quite simply by means of appropriate support elements with clip fasteners. They can be removed without tools. Electrical contact is via a plug-socket system.
- Very thin, leaving more room for plants Thanks to their low installation height of 18 mm and a width of 35 mm, the LED modules are very flat and space-saving. As a result, depending on the system in use, 1-2 additional shelves can be installed, thereby providing more room for plants. Standard modules have a length of approx. 1.20 m.
- Protection class IP66 – of course Our LED modules meet the requirements of protection class IP66 and are therefore adequately protected against strong jets of water. This enables us to achieve optimum performance and service life even under difficult conditions
For more information, please visit our corporate website at BJB.com. We look forward to working with you!